Global Mine Design Ltd (GMD) has significant experience working in dynamic ground at some of the deepest and highest stress mines in the world. Working under such conditions takes skill and discipline. Creating robust protocols to keep personnel and assets safe is a trusted task that we take very seriously.
The onset of change from a benign, highly productive orebody to potentially damaging conditions of raveling rockmass, rockbursts and increased seismic activity can be sudden. Maintaining production targets throughout this transition can be challenging.
GMD has proven experience managing and operating safe working practices in difficult ground conditions. Our solutions are always calculated on the basis of minimal risk to personnel, capital assets and ore reserves. Our approach increases confidence in the production team by enabling them to define where, when and why hazards exist.
GMD assists clients working in dynamic conditions by:
- Re-designing ground support to withstand dynamic forces and displacements
- Creating re-entry protocols for crews following significant seismic events
- On-site training on the behaviour of active ground, and how both management and workers should respond to potentially damaging seismic events
- Evaluating of seismic and other monitoring data to determine the ‘rockmass response to mining’
- Adapting mine planning schedules to take advantage of data provided by ground monitoring systems
Hope they enjoyed the tour! https://t.co/RdAJxWv73s
Posted 30th Nov 2018 9:41am via Twitter
Well deserved! So much potential for the minerals industry through your exploration work. Great time to be… https://t.co/9koWjRPc0I
Posted 29th Nov 2018 12:54pm via Twitter
A nice bit of calming scientific news to make a change from politics...
BBC News - Definition of kilogram set to ch… https://t.co/ktO0RbNjXd
Posted 16th Nov 2018 8:14am via Twitter